A toddler who ran back and attempted to rescue his pet puppy from a fire inside his Arkansas house has died.
23-months-old Tragic Loki Sharp lost his life in the destructive blaze in Gentry at about 5 pm on Saturday evening. He had fled the flames before running back into the house to attempt and save the family dog, according to the sources.
Loki’s parents Kurtis and Caitlyn are supposed to have lost the vision of their son as they struggled from the fire and asked for help. Their puppy is also supposed to have died attempting to defend Loki.
Gentry Fire Chief Vester Cripps said The Northwest Arkansas Democrat-Gazette that the incident is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.
Uploading an image with his young son on Facebook, Kurtis mention: ‘I just wanna pause here and tell never take your children for granted. Love every waking moment with them!!!! We love u bubba and we know you are in a safer place!!!!’
Kurtis told that the family lost everything, including their son, house and their dog.
He told the puppy died attempted to defend his son, adding: ‘Please keep us high in your prayers tomorrow as we will be going to the funeral house to get our precious baby boys funeral and burial all set up!!!’
Mourners have been required to wear red white and black at Loki’s funeral. A Facebook page is raising money for the family.